The foundational years between 3 and 5 provide the perfect opportunity for students to develop a life-long love of learning. Our program is focused on cultivating both the academic and developmental skills necessary for learning. Hands-on activities and carefully selected curriculum reinforce concepts and allow students to enjoy learning and experience success.
LGCS' Educational Philosophy is to approach educating students with a Biblical worldview. The faculty and staff are committed to respect and care for each student while providing an environment of academic excellence that prepares students for a Christ-centered life. The LGCS education includes the following areas.
Get to know our ESLRS—Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
Demonstrated by students applying knowledge, mastering content-specific skills, and using a critical thinking approach in all subjects.
Demonstrated by students through effective writing, oral presentations, media, and technology.
Community Contributor: Demonstrated by students developing an awareness of the needs of others and serving their community.
Demonstrated by students exhibiting qualities as described in Romans 12 and displaying the ability to discern wisely, making honorable choices.
Early Success Through Development Academics
Preschool students will:
- Be introduced to letters and sounds A-Z and numbers 1-20
- Grow in their social, emotional, and spiritual development
- Develop fine and gross motor skills
- Recognize colors and shapes
- Be prepared with foundational learning skills
Jr. Kindergarten students will:
- Develop communication skills
- Strengthen fine and gross motor skills
- Increase general knowledge regarding self (i.e. name, address, birthday, telephone number)
- Master letter recognition (upper and lower case) and letter sounds and blends
- Further social development, emotional and spiritual development
- Learn to sort and display reasoning skills
- Develop good work habits to prepare them for and all-day, academic Kindergarten